COVID -19 CORONAVIRUS RISKS AND CONTAINMENT EFFORTS
The Dhvani Board of Directors has decided to postpone the Children’s Music Competition event and concert – scheduled for March 20th and 21st – until further notice. As you can imagine, the situation surrounding the risk of Coronavirus and containment efforts have led us to make this decision. The decision was taken because we think it is prudent as well as the correct thing to do. The health and safety of all concerned; participants, artists, and volunteers is of paramount importance as well as the safety and security of the larger community as we struggle to contain the spread of infection. We take this decision despite months of planning, effort and considerable expenses involved.
To the judges and artists, we extend our thanks and we will surely host them here soon after the situation has cleared.
We apologize to the children who have been practicing and working hard. They will be the ones most disappointed by this postponement. We rely on parents and the teachers to explain it to them. We will hold the event at a later date when the situation is better. We do not have a specific date or time to announce at this time.
In the coming days, Dhvani will refund the registration fees of $51. If you had paid the fee, we will credit it back to your payment account via PayPal. Please give us a few days to a week to get this done as we are a volunteer organization and we do not have a paid staff or support personnel. For the same reason, please limit individual emails and phone calls unless they are absolutely necessary.
We appreciate all of your interest in Dhvani and the activities we sponsor. We know we can always count on your support in all that we do and for this decision in particular. Together, we will get through these times of uncertainty by supporting each other and by making prudent decisions to safeguard the health and well being of all concerned.
Board of Directors
Dhvani India Performing Arts Society of Central Ohio